Saturday, November 15, 2008

Lagoon

So a couple of weekends ago Peggy, Kristyne and I decided we wanted to go to Utah to go to the Freightmares at Lagoon. We met some friends who were from that area and they knew other people who were able to get us discount tickets. We went up there Friday and stayed at Peggy's sisters that night. Saturday afternoon we went to the Gateway mall in Salt Lake and after we got all our shopping out of us we headed to Lagoon. We rode a few rollercoasters and went through a haunted house and then our friend told us that his sister worked at the sky coaster, which usually costs an extra 15 bucks to go on, and he said that she would let us on for free. My first thoughts whenever I would look at people going on that was "heck no am I ever going to pay to go on something that scary!" Peggy and Kristyne were all about going on it so I began to consider it. They were soo excited and I was soo nervous, but I decided that if they could do it, then so could I. Let me describe the sky coaster for you... three people get harnessed together, then they hook you onto a rope, then they drop you onto your stomachs super-man style and a crane starts to take you 150 feet into the air. Then the little ant-sized guys at the bottom proceed to count down "three-two-fly" and right on fly Kristyne had to pull the cord which sent us free falling at 60 mph back and forth. It was by far the scariest thing I have ever done, but was soo worth it. We screamed and laughed the whole time and then could not stop talking about it the rest of the weekend. That was definitly worth the whole trip to lagoon. It was soo much fun!



Peggy, me and Kristyne



Our first ride of the day. We were excited!

This captures the essence of "freightmares"

Rollercoaster



I rode solo



After we survived the haunted house
On one of the haunted trails
Right before we went on the sky-coaster. We were so scared!

No comments: